Alliance Homes Group provide housing and housing-related support to around 15,000 people a year. In addition to housing some of the most vulnerable groups of people in North Somerset they are a major provider of care and support services. The company has recently embarked on a major refurbishment programme which has allowed it to consolidate office space and provide a more agile and customer-friendly workplace.
As a community-based social housing association, Alliance Homes reinvests profits back into its services and is committed to maximising social value.T
Collecteco work with businesses across the UK to donate furniture, equipment and materials to charities, schools, NHS trusts, voluntary groups and other not for profit organisations.
Alliance Homes were keen to maximise social value and see surplus reusable kit donated into the community. In addition to its Martingale Way office, there was also a considerable quantity of kit stored in their warehouse which was surplus to requirements.
Kit was donated to a range of local good causes, including a complete office refurbishment for TreeAid and 6 other charities, 1 NHS trust, 2 schools, 2 social enterprises and 1 government service
- ENVIRONMENTAL: 546 items/21,302kg of kit donated to good causes
- ENVIRONMENTAL: CO2 Transport – majority of kit donated locally and directly from site
- SOCIAL: Support of 13 local good causes allowing them to focus funds on their core work
- SOCIAL: Connections with local projects for ongoing links, e.g. corporate volunteering
- ECONOMIC: £24,714 of in-kind funding to the community
- ECONOMIC: Reduced costs to client versus breaking furniture up for recycling/landfill